We aim to attract students from diverse cultural, educational and professional backgrounds. The evaluation of candidates is based on their achievements, potential, and professional motivation.
We welcome applications from:
- Candidates already working in the Hospitality and Tourism Industry and aiming to improve their skills and knowledge to boost their careers;
- Candidates working in other industries and wanting to move to the hospitality and tourism industry;
- Candidates who want to continue their studies at Master level in the Hospitatility and Tourism industry, after receiving their Undergraduate degree in order to develop a successful career in Hospitality and Tourism Industry.
During the admission process we will be looking at academic experience, motivation, maturity, creativity and self-confidence.
Candidates will have to show/present:
- A bachelor’s degree awarded by a university or institution of higher education with a course-by-course evaluation of the student’s official undergraduate transcript showing that the student has a 3.0 GPA or better equivalent on a 4.0 scale;
- A score of 80 or better on the internet-based TOEFL or equivalent score on the paper-based test (or equivalent score for other acceptable English proficiency tests);
- An official, competitive score on the combined verbal-quantitative portions of the GRE or combined score on the GMAT;
- 2 references (academic or professional);
- An essay in which the applicant explains his or her motivation for applying (filled in on the on-line application form);
- A candidate with a solid academic background may be admitted to the ISCTE Business School programme, without taking the GMAT/GRE and TOEFL, if he/she provides other forms of evidence of English proficiency. However, if he/she wants to be enrolled during the second year of graduate studies in the Dual degree programme, he/she will have until the end of the first semester of the first year of the programme to present the GMAT/GRE and TOEFL test results;
- Upon successful completion of each institutions’degree requirements, students will receive an MSc in Hospitality and Tourism Management from ISCTE and a MSc in Hospitality and Tourism Management from UCF.
Application Process 2013/2014
To apply for a full-time International Masters programme you must submit the following documents:
- Online application form (closed);
- Curriculum Vitae;
- Proof of payment of Application Fee.
There are other documents (degree certificates, transcripts, other qualifications, references, etc.) that you may wish to include at this point. These are not essential but may help your application.
Application deadlines and fees - 2013/2014
|Application Period||Deadline||Application Fee|
|Round 1||31st March 2013||50€|
|Round 2||31st May 2013||70€|
|Round 3||23th June 2013||100€|
|Round 4||26th July 2013||100€|
How to pay the application fee?
- Multibanco (only in Portugal) or Visa:
At the end of filling in your Application Form you will be provided with the reference number (Mutibanco) or the possibility of payment by visa.
- Pay directly at our financial department (Contabilidade INDEG-IUL) at the address:
ISCTE Business School
Av. Prof. Aníbal Bettencourt,
PLEASE NOTE - we cannot begin to process your application until we have received your application fee (non-refundable). It is, therefore, essential you provide us with proof of payment.
IMPORTANT - Selections are made on a rolling basis from the moment the application period opens. We therefore encourage early applications.
The selection process involves four separate stages which are outlined below:
Step 1. Initial assessment. After submitting completed online application and after payment of the application fee, applications will be reviewed by a member of the International Admissions Office. We will consider your application form, answers to the admission questions, Curriculum Vitae and other supporting documents to assess the strength of your application.
Step 2. Interview. If successful in the initial stage, and within 2-3 weeks of applying, we will invite you to an interview with the Programme Director. During the interview we will further explore your academic background, experience, competencies, personal qualities and motivation. Depending on your location, you may be interviewed face-to-face or by phone/Skype.
Step 3. Final Election Decisions. All applicants will be notified of the final selection as soon as a decision is made, and by no later than 23th July 2013.
Step 4. Enrolment. If your application is successful you will be notified by e-mail. You will have three weeks, from that date, in which to pay the 1st installment of the tuition fee €1800 plus the administration fee of €30 (which includes the student card and student insurance) to reserve your place on the course.
Due to the high number of students applying for limited places, we ask all students to enroll (thereby confirming their place) within three weeks of acceptance.
To confirm enrolment you should deliver the following:
- Enrolment Form;
- Certified copy of ID / Passport (or present the original to be certified at the office);
- Proof of payment of the Enrolment Fee plus the academic fee (€ 30);
- Taxpayer Number - NIF;
- Bachelors Diploma*;
- Transcript of Records (full if graduated, otherwise partial);
- Two passport photos;
- English language proficiency score report (optional);
- GMAT or GRE Score report (optional).
*In cases where a Diploma is not available but the graduation is expected before September 2013 – we ask students to sign a Declaration of Commitment. The Bachelors diploma must be provided no later than 13th September.
Hard copies should be addressed to:
ISCTE Business School
ISCTE – University Institute of Lisbon
Office 1W2, Building I
Av. Forças Armadas
1649-026 Lisboa, Portugal
Please email digital versions of your documents to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Tel.:+ 351 217 903 003
Fax: +351 217 903 010
Building ISCTE-IUL - Ala Autónoma
Av. das Forças Armadas - Office 235
1649-026 Lisbon, Portugal
Walk-in-hours: From 9 a.m to 6 p.m (Monday to Friday)
How to reach ISCTE-IUL
By subway (Metro or Metropolitano)
Metro station (yellow line): Entre Campos and walk up the Avenida das Forças Armadas (it's a 5 minute walk to ISCTE-IUL, which is located on your right, signposted and a little recessed from the street, before the top of the hill).
By bus (Autocarro)
Buses to ISCTE-IUL:
Lines 701 and 754 stop at Avenida das Forças Armadas, just close to ISCTE.
For detailed information you may have a look at:
From the airport: (Lisboa International Airport, 7 km from the city centre)
First stop: Entre Campos
- By subway
Stop at Entre Campos, yellow line
- By taxi