Welcome to Prof. José Pinto Peixoto Residence!
With the University Residence Professor José Pinto Peixoto, the Lisbon University Institute (ISCTE-IUL) meets some of the accommodation needs of its visiting students and teachers which, so far have only been served through the room and private house market across Lisbon.
Located in the Monastery of Santos-o-Novo (17th century) – which is classified as National Monument – on a small hill by the river Tagus, in Lisbon’s east end, the residence benefits from a privileged view and is a short distance from the central railway station of Santa Apolónia, the typical neighbourhood of Alfama, downtown Lisbon, Terreiro do Paço, and also close to the new residential, commercial and service area of the Parque das Nações.
The accommodation at the Residence consists of:
- Double rooms with private WC, (24)
- Double rooms with shared toilet*, (8)
- Triple room with private WC (1),
- Quadruple rooms with private WC (3).
- Apartments (3).
*Double rooms with shared WC are reserved for ISCTE-IUL’s scholarship students.
Common areas and services
The Residence has a Laundry, Lounge area with TV, Games Room, Kitchen, Dining room, study room and Internet in the rooms.
Residents with contract for a semester or a year:
- double room with bathroom - € 250.00/month
- double room with shared bathroom - € 175.00/month
- triple room with private bathroom - 200.00 €/month
- quadruple bedroom with ensuite bathroom - € 175.00/month.
A 5% discount will be given to Residents paying for the whole semester or academic year.
The Residence is open 12 months a year and residents are entitled to accommodation, bed linen and towels throughout this period.
At the start of the academic year, students should give the Residence 48 hours notice of their arrival, by phone or in writing. First time residents cannot enter on Sundays or national holidays.
Students can leave and enter the Residence at any hour.
The University Residence Professor José Pinto Peixoto is at Pátio das Comendadeiras – Calçada da Cruz da Pedra, at Mosteiro de Santos-o-Novo.
This area is served by buses that travel around a large city area and passes by the main central areas, such as Terreiro do Paço, Marquês de Pombal, Rato, Saldanha, entre outras.
Applications to the Residence
Students of each academic year waiting accommodation at the Residence can apply by filling in the application form and delivering it with the following documents to firstname.lastname@example.org:
- Photocopy of ID or passport;
- 1 Photograph;
- Enrolment form at ISCTE-IUL or other Educational Establishment.
Deadline for applying: *
- 1st Semester: June 30th
- 2nd Semester: November 30th
* Though there are deadlines for application, the application proccess is open the whole academic year and students can apply at any time, their requests will be analised and answered.
Getting to the Residence
Bus Stop Calçada da Cruz de Pedra
- 706 (from Santa Apolonia Train Station to Cais do Sodré)
- 794 (From Oriente Train Station to Terreiro do Paço)
Bus Stop Rua da Madredeus
- 718 (from ISEL / Chelas to Alameda) and
- 742 (from Ajuda to Madredeus).
Subway - Santa Apolonia - blue line (at about 550 yards away)
The fastest route to reach ISCTE-IUL by public transportation, from the Residence: take bus 742, get out at Saldanha and from there take the metro to the station Entrecampos. However, there are alternative routes. For more information see www.carris.pt where you can find bus timetables and route simulations.
- Residence Regulation Portuguese/ English
- Application form 2012/2013
Residência Universitária Prof. José Pinto Peixoto
Mosteiro de Santos-o-Novo
Calçada da Cruz da Pedra, 1900-409 Lisbon
Tel.: +351 218 149 380/+351 218 149 436
Av. das Forças Armadas, 1649-026 Lisbon
Tel: +351 217 903 209 | Fax.: +351 217 903 929